Full HD Video Streamer/Recorder
VS-R264 and VS-R265 are AV-over-IP streaming encoders/decoders which offer simultaneous encoding, streaming, recording and decoding of audio/video material in 4K/UHD or Full HD resolution using the H.265/HEVC or H.264 video codecs. They can be used for transmissions over corporate networks and WANs or for live streaming into the internet plus automatic FTP upload of recorded files to network storage. Utilising open streaming formats and protocols, both models support Content Delivery Networks and online live platforms like YouTube, Wowza, Ustream, AWS Elemental MediaLive, CloudFront and others.
With power over Ethernet or external 12 Volt supply, HDMI in/out with audio embedding and de-embedding, and full control from a RESTful API allowing for integration into automation and control systems, these units are extremely versatile. Whereas many other products either lack professional audio levels or connectors, don’t record at all, or can’t simultaneously encode and decode, Tascam VS-R264 and VS-R265 sport fully balanced audio I/O via Euroblock connectors, with configurable reference levels for compatibility with professional audio systems. Unbalanced 3.5-mm stereo mini jacks are also provided for compatibility with consumer devices.
The bi-directional AV operation, live online streaming, secure capture to SD media then later upload for the web site, is ideal for live events, lectures, government sessions, boardroom presentations, concert venues and houses of worship, also for connections between rooms or locations. With a compact 1U, half-rack size, two units can be rack-mounted side by side. They can also be easily placed on a table or screwed under a shelf with the included mounting bracket.
- Full HD AV over IP streaming media encoder and decoder for live video streaming.
- Simultaneously records, encodes, streams, and decodes Full HD (1920x1080p) video streams.
- Functions as an external stand-alone encoder for live Full HD streaming environments.
- Provides Full HD live video streaming (1920x1080) to Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) including YouTube, Wowza, Ustream, AWS Elemental MediaLive and CloudFront, etc.
- Perfect for a wide range of live streaming AV installations and environments, including corporate, education, house of worship, government, industrial installations and security.
- H.264 long GOP encoding with bit rates up to 30 megabits over standard networks suitable for 100Mbps or 1Gbps.
- Compatible with major streaming protocols such as RTMP, RTSP and HLS.
- Unicast and multicast streaming support.
- Multiple Simulcast and backup enabled by 3 RTMP Streams Simultaneously.
- The total number of simultaneous streams is eight.
* The streaming performance depends on the resolution settings, transfer rate, and network environment.
- Offers RESTful API for integration into control systems in commercial AV installations.
- Versatile audio I/O connections via balanced analog Euroblock low-voltage wire connectors and unbalanced analog 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-stereo jacks.
- Audio can be embedded from analog sources and de-embedded to drive networked audio playback for ceiling speakers.
- Provides digital audio embedded within the HDMI I/O.
- Installed output level configuration function and reference level switching function (up to +20dBu) allows reliable and flexible system structuring.
- Ability to record directly to USB connected media or SD cards via a front panel loading slot.
- Recording to internal storage (17GB) is now supported (maximum capacity of each file recorded is up to 17GB). (V2.0.1)
- MP4 is added to the recording file format in addition to TS. (V2.0.1)
- Recorded files can easily be uploaded to an FTP server automatically for creating back-up copies or repurposing to the web.
- Support for continuous recording regardless of storage capacity. New function enables old files to be automatically deleted when the storage is full. (V2.0.1)
- Web browser based remote control to configure unit settings.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet.
- Support PoE+ for power supply in addition to the optional AC adapter (TASCAM PS-P1220E; sold separately)
- Compact half-rack size. Included surface rack mountable angles allow installation on different usage scenes and environments.
- With the optional rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1, up to two VS-R units can be installed in a 19 inch rack space.
|HDMI input||HDMI v1.4a (Type A)|
|HDMI output||HDMI v2.0 (Type A)|
|Input resolutions||1080p@(60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98)
720p@(60, 59.94, 50)
|Frame rate limit||On/off|
1920 × 1080p
1280 × 720p
950 × 540p
720 × 576p
720 × 480p
640 × 360p
480 × 270p
320 × 180p
|Encoding format||H.264 (baseline, main, high)|
|Encoding bit rates||500 kbit/s to 30 Mbit/s|
|Bitrate control||Variable, constant|
|Key frame interval||0.25–1.00–16.5 s
|Analogue audio inputs (unbalanced)||3.5-mm stereo mini jack|
|Nominal input level||–10 dBV|
|Maximum input level||+6 dBV|
|Analogue audio inputs (balanced)||Euroblock, 3.81 mm pitch|
|Nominal input level||+4 dBu (Ref. level other than –9 dBFS)
+6 dBu (Ref. level –9 dBFS)
|Maximum input level||+15 dBu (Ref. level –9 dBFS)
+18 dBu (Ref. level –14 dBFS)
+20 dBu (Ref. level –16dBFS)
|Analogue audio outputs (balanced)||Euroblock, 3.81 mm pitch|
|Nominal output level||+4 dBu|
|Maximum output level||+15 dBu (Ref. level –9 dBFS)
+18 dBu (Ref. level –14 dBFS)
+20 dBu (Ref. level –16 dBFS)
|Analogue audio outputs (unbalanced)||3.5-mm stereo mini jack|
|Nominal output level||–10 dBV|
|Maximum output level||+6 dBV|
|Output gain||–∞, –72 dB to +6 dB (1-dB steps)|
|Audio codec||AAC, 64–512 kbit/s, 32/44.1/48 kHz|
|Storage media||Internal, SD/SDHC card, USB drive|
|USB connector||USB 2.0, USB 3.0, type A|
|Recording formats||MPEG2-TS, MPEG4|
|Recording bit rates||500 kbit/s to 30 Mbit/s|
|Video transport protocols||RTMP/RTMPS, RTSP, HLS, RTP/UDP in Unicast and Multicast (some servers that use the RTMP protocol do not support H.265)|
|Simultaneous Streaming||1 × RTMP/RTMPS, 1 x RTSP, 1 x HLS, 2 × Unicast, 1 × Multicast|
|Streaming bit rates||500 kbit/s to 30 Mbit/s|
|Network connectivity||Gigabit Ethernet|
|User interface||Full-featured web UI designed for tablet and desktop computers enables encoder and decoder configuration for unicast, multicast and RTMP|
|IP configuration||DHCP (default), static|
|Command and control protocol||HTTP, auto-detect and discover other Tascam encoder and decoder units on subnet|
|Power supply and other specifications|
|Power supply||PoE+ or Tascam PS-P1220E AC adapter (sold separately)|
|Power consumption||12.2 W|
|Dimensions (W × H × D, including protrusions)||214 mm × 45 mm × 136 mm|
|Operating temperature range||0–40 °C|
|Included items||Installation brackets, Euroblock plugs, cable band kit, USB memory with discovery app and reference manual, dust covers for RJ-45, USB, and HDMI connectors, Quick Start guide with warranty information|